PayPal How Long Do You Have To Claim For A Refund In Disputes? A Guide About PayPal From eBayer’s Experiences.
Posted by KittyFireFlash on February 22, 2009
Many people wonder how long they have to claim for a refund against a seller on eBay with PayPal. Can you reopen a claim if it has been closed on you by Paypal? How long is the investigation window by PayPal if enough claims come in? For victims of fake MP Players, Memory Cards and Usb Flash drives purchased on eBay – this is really important. SOSFakeFlash has put together a collection of articles – Guide to assist you. The information is not only useful to victims of fake flash acquistion on eBay, it is useful to anyone struggling with a claim against a seller. The information is based on 10 months of study and assisting victims.
Sections covered in this article:
1. Paypal on filing claims, time windows and reopened investigations against a seller.
2. Advice – a collection of important articles for you to read. Based on SOSFakeFlash’s experience.
3. Stories – What eBayer’s have experienced and what they have to say.
We being with the current official response from Paypal send in by a victim to SOSFakeFlash.
PayPal’s response regarding a recent dispute:
Thank you for contacting PayPal.
My name is Kelly. From reading your email, I know you are concerned
about the dispute case that you have filed 45 days after the date of
payment. I’m sorry if this caused you any trouble, I’ll be glad to
explain this further for you.
The Buyer Protection Programs require a dispute to be filed in the
Resolution Center within 45 days of payment. If a dispute is filed 45
calendar days or more after the initial transaction, PayPal won’t
investigate the dispute. We encourage you to file a dispute. This is
documented in the seller’s account records. We recommend you stay in
contact with the seller to find a resolution.
If it is within 60 days of the initial transaction date and the item was
purchased on eBay, please contact eBay for further information as you
may be able to file a claim with eBay directly. PayPal reserves the
right to reopen any claim for investigation within 180 days if multiple
complaints are received about a single seller. We will notify you if
this is the case.
For further information, please refer to the User Agreement by clicking
“Legal Agreements” at the bottom of any PayPal webpage.
I understand your frustration regarding this matter and regret any
inconvenience it might have caused you.
PayPal, an eBay Company
You have exactly 45 days from the moment you pay to file. Some times it can take up to 4 weeks, 28 days to receive your item. This makes your window to file very short. It also makes it very clear why you should not engage in an email dialogue with a seller. In the case of fake flash sellers, they are skilled to make you lose your claim window. Notice what Paypal says about disputes going into a sellers record. This is very important for you and for other victims of a buyer!
Also note that PayPal reserves the right to reopen any claim within 180 days. This is key. It also means you have to check the sellers feedback and contact other buyers to make sure you unite to DEMAND they reopen claims! While PayPal says they will notify you, well, we at SOSFakeFlash do not see them pounding on the email doors of victims for fake flash items to notify them of any investigation. The fact is, PayPal knows just how many people have claimed against a seller. They clearly stated they keep the information on file in the email above sent to a victim. So what can this mean?
It means that victims who did not get a refund in the last 6 months, who were given the brush off and the email robotic torture chamber have the opportunity to sharpen their pointy sticks and start prodding PayPal into action. The FrankenFlash Project has worked very hard collecting information. It isn’t just about getting rid of fake flash sellers on eBay – it is about making sure there is evidence to support the victims. People who not only suffered from purchasing a fake flash device (many lost data for good), but who battled with PayPal, were driven beyond sanity from robotic emailers and never got a penny back.
We have two main sources of information: Our current fake flash sellers list that is updated every few weeks and our reports. The fake flash sellers list will also take you to any and all negatives and neutrals for a seller, just by clicking on the seller’s name. The reports we publish every two months now as they have grown just too large. One has the the investigated fakes total only by seller and the other has the investigated fake totals by seller and every other model sold by that seller we have on file. Each pdf report is in colour showing the photo of the model, the listing description and so on. Information has a habit of disappearing – we preserve it for victims.
In recent times, victims do not have to fight as much to get a refund. There are some geographical differences but it is clear that PayPal has been forced to listen. It is the efforts of early victims that made this possible – everyone needs to be aware of this. If it wasn’t for them – you could forget about getting a refund! The people who fought since the spring of 2008 and onward deserve our respect.
Advice – A Collection Of Important Articles For You On PayPal
- Paypal Disputes – The 6 Commandments For Dealing with Ebay Fake Flash Sellers
- PayPal Claims And Refunds – eBay Fake Flash
- Why eBayers Don’t Get Refunds When They Return Fake Flash
- PayPal Orders You To Return Fake MP Players, Fake MP Players , Fake USB Flash Drives, Fake Memory Cards To Get A Refund? Think Again!
- PayPal Apologizes To eBayer Ordered Return Counterfeit Items Using Postal Services – Fake Flash eBay Sellers
- Buying On eBay – MP Players – Memory Cards – USB Flash drives – Why You should Use A Credit Card To Pay And Not Your Bank Account
- PayPal Harassing eBay Members Filing Disputes Against eBay Sellers of Fake MP Players, Memory Cards, USB Flash Drives
- PayPal Telephone Numbers – eBay Fake Flash USB Flash Drives, MP Players Memory Cards
Stories – eBayer’s PayPal Experiences – What They Have To Say
- Unpaid Item Strike eBay – What To Do When A Fake Flash Seller Gets Vindictive
- eBay Victims Conclusions On Fake Flash USB Pendrives Drives Sold On eBay
- eBay Member Reveals Latest Information As eBay Struggles To Address Issue of Fake USB Flash Drives, MP Players and Memory Cards being sold
- Kaho.Chan – eBay Fake Flash Seller – Tricks eBayer
- PayPal Shields EBay Fake Flash Seller 3ToTrade – Odyssey of FlashDad
- PayPal Shields EBay Fake Flash Seller 3ToTrade – Odyssey of IronCliff
- PayPal – How Investigations On Counterfeit USB Flash Drive Sellers On Ebay Could Be Raised