eBay ace-tech Fake Flash Memory Seller Alert – Australia. Fake Corsair 128GB USB Water proof, Shock Proof, DUST PROOF Offered on eBay. More eBay Fraud And PayPal Playing Games About “Authentic”. Never made by Corsair.
Posted by KittyFireFlash on May 25, 2011
ace-tech is an eBay seller of Counterfeit (Fake hacked – false capacity memory) Flash USB drives. ace-tech also sold Sandisk SanDisk microSD 16 GB Memory Cards. Registered in Australia, ace-tech has been suspended by eBay. ace-tech sold a usb flash drive advertised capacity never made by Corsair and when a Victim tried to clarify with PayPal and eBay, eBay tried to avoid the new rules for counterfeit flash memory.
Is it possible eBay and PayPal are loosing too much money in having to refund frauded buyers?
A Victim’s story:
Error creating file ‘D:\1.h2w’.
(The media is write protected. Code 19)
Warning: Only 130860 of 131983 MByte tested.
Writing speed: 0.00 KByte/s
i copyed 1gb of data across to the flash drive before it came up saying disk is write protected and no matter what i do i cant get rid of the write protection….
Corsair 128GB USB Water proof, Shock Proof, DUST PROOF!
on envelope it says: 1 condello crescent edensor pk nsw 2176
the attached picture is exactly the same product & packaging to what i got in the mail from the ebay seller.
I opened up a dispute with paypal and now there saying i have to this for the them to go further with my claim.
To continue, we need documentation supporting your claim that the item is not authentic.
Here’s what you need to do.
1. Obtain a document from an unbiased third-party, such as a dealer, appraiser, or an organization that is qualified in the area of the item in question (other than you). This document should contain the following:
• Detailed description as to why the item is not authentic (i.e., how the item differs from an authentic item, how the person evaluating the item determined that it is not authentic, etc.).
• If possible, the document should include a serial number and must be on letterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number of the authenticating party so that we can contact them directly, if necessary.
2. Fax the documents to PayPal at (02) 8223-9509. Please include a cover sheet with your fax that includes the email address registered to your PayPal account and the ID number of your claim (PP-001-280-920-922). That way we can attach the documents to your claim as quickly as possible.
3. We need to receive your fax by May 06, 2011 in order to proceed with the investigation of your claim. If we don’t receive your fax by May 06, 2011, your claim will be canceled and no further action will be taken on our part.
Please note that PayPal is unable to reimburse you for any costs or fees that may be incurred in obtaining the requested documents. Any documents you provide may also be supplied to the seller if necessary.
Thanks you for your cooperation and patience.
even after i emailed them and said, here is proof that this blue corsair voyager flash 128gb is counterfit see links below!!!! they never made 128gb ver of this exact model…
Once again both eBay and PayPal reveal their ignorance and also their determination to permit the sale of fake and counterfeit usb flash drives on eBay.
Important Notice To eBay members:
1. Do not accept any 45 day window limitation from eBay. eBay is aware of the problem for fake flash memory cards, usb flash drives and MP Players. eBay has absolutely no excuse. You will find just how many sellers have been documented by SOSFakeFlash by checking our lists.
Read: eBay Flash Memory Fraud Continues. 8 Years later, eBay Continues Cover Up For Fraudulent Asian Sellers. 8GB 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB Advertised Capacity = 4GB Real Capacity Or Less eBay has absolutely no excuse.
2. Do not return fake memory to sellers. You do not have to. File your dispute.
Questions? Confused? Need Help? You will find all the answers you need in this guide:
SOSFakeFlash Reading List For Newbies Fake Flash Memory eBay And Internet Sites. Ultimate Internet Reference On Fake Hacked Flash Memory In A Nutshell. 3 Years Of Research And Documentation. 1,000,000 Flash Memory Chips Are Digitally Altered To Lie About Their Real Capacity Every Month
It’s easy to use and has all the information you need with quick link navigation. 3 years of information provided by victims of fake flash memory!
Please test your device to ensure you have the advertised capacity. Report in to SOSFakeFlash if your testing confirms you have a false capacity device. Please send any addressing information you have on the seller, this information is important.
Don’t forget to leave the calling card of “SOSFakeFlash” and “H2testw” in your feedback to help others. Do not change your feedback to get a refund – you will only create more victims.
Do a good deed, warn other eBay buyers of fake flash. Help rescue them. Check positive feedback for a fake flash seller and send messages to warn. Just state facts, ask them to test. You can only send up to 5 messages a day. Save another person from a fake flash nightmare and potential data loss.
- Help educate others on the problem of upgraded memory, hacked flash chips. You can now share this article on Facebook,StumbleUpon,Digg and Reddit, buttons are at the bottom.
- Want to about about investigating? Take the Fake Flash Memory Inspector 101 course. If you read it all, you graduate!
Please read and vote: How Do You Alter Flash Memory Chips To Lie About Their Real Capacity – Do You Want To Know More? Your input as a victim is required.
SOSFakeFlash Announces Phase III For Operation Fake Flash Storm Against eBay. Toward A Fake Flash Drive Free World – No More Counterfeits – No More Data Loss! Using Social Media To Fight Fake Memory. Do You Have A Facebook Account?
SanDisk: Contact Technical Support for assistence. To report confirmed fakes (counterfeits), you can send an email to email@example.com with the seller id and ebay items numbers attention SanDisk B.P. Director.
Australian Buyers Read:
Report Online Auction Fraud
Are You The Victim Of Online Auction Fraud?
May 22nd, 2011 – we have 1 eBay listings confirmed fake.
The models sold under the eBay seller ace-tech confirmed as Counterfeit, recorded with eBayer ID and eBay Item Number – Standard Procedure. Presented as listed at auction. Counterfeit items tied to criminal activity enjoy no protection. If you bought one of these items from ace-tech, you should test immediately with the software H2testw 1.4 . Do not store any important information until you can confirm you have the advertised capacity (minus formatting overhead).
Should your device not report the true advertised capacity:
- Immediately attempt to move any data you have stored on it to another source. Be advised if you have stored more than the reported size from H2testw 1.4, you will not be able to recover it all – you can expect to see errors in the copy back.
- Immediately report to eBay and PayPal to add your voice against this seller.
If the eBay Item number has disappeared from your won list. Please go to PayPal and search through your transactions for the approximate time frame of your purchase. You will find the details of your transaction and ebay item number. PayPal keeps this information for a long time. Use the email address:
PayPal Transaction Number
- Ebay Item Number
- Date Of PayPal Transaction
- Date Of eBay Item Listing
- Your eBayer Id
- Cite eBay Seller ace-tech
- The results from your testing with H2testw 1.4
- Any information concerning data loss and it’s value to you
You are to inform them you wish to be part of the investigation against this seller and are adding yourself to the evidence. You expect to be fully refunded for the purchase and shipping and if you can prove data loss compensation for it as well. Furthermore, it is a fact that PayPal and eBay are aware of cases pouring in. You are invited to copy:
on your correspondence.