maya.cityEbay Fake Flash Seller Alert Deregistered Hong Kong
Posted by KittyFireFlash on March 28, 2009
maya.city was an eBay seller of Counterfeit (Fake) Flash USB drives. Based in HOng Kong maya.city was shut down early by eBayers. maya.city offered an astonishing variety of 16GB and 32GB flash drives. No name brands and Kingston and Transcend counterfeits.
- USB Flash Drives Best Price Bargains Fair Value To Sell Or Buy 8GB 16GB 32GB
- Genuine Verses Fake Counterfeit USB Flash Drives – A Guide – USB Flash Chips Used – Grades A B C D
Report in to SOSFakeFlash if your testing confirms you have a false capacity device.
March 19th, 2009 – we have 1 eBay listings confirmed fake.
The model sold under the eBay seller maya.city confirmed as Counterfeit, recorded with eBayer ID and eBay Item Number – Standard Procedure. Presented as listed at auction. Counterfeit items tied to criminal activity enjoy no protection. If you bought one of these usb fake flash drives from maya.city, you should test immediately with the software H2testw 1.4 . Do not store any important data on the drive until you can confirm you have the advertised capacity (minus formatting overhead).
The models sold by maya.city
Should your drive not report the true advertised capacity:
- Immediately attempt to move any data you have stored on the drive to another source. Be advised if you have stored more than the reported size from H2testw 1.4, you will not be able to recover it all – you can expect to see errors in the copy back.
- Immediately report to eBay and PayPal to add your voice against this seller.
If the eBay Item number has disappeared from your won list. Please go to PayPal and search through your transactions for the approximate time frame of your purchase. You will find the details of your transaction and ebay item number. PayPal keeps this information for a long time. Use the email address:
PayPal Transaction Number
- Ebay Item Number
- Date Of PayPal Transaction
- Date Of eBay Item Listing
- Your eBayer Id
- Cite eBay Seller maya.city
- The results from your testing with H2testw 1.4
- Any information concerning data loss and it’s value to you
You are to inform them you wish to be part of the investigation against this seller and are adding yourself to the evidence. You expect to be fully refunded for the purchase and shipping and if you can prove data loss compensation for it as well. Furthermore, it is a fact that PayPal and eBay are aware of cases pouring in. You are invited to copy:
on your correspondence.